LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
The UI Engineer is responsible for design, development, and maintenance of User Interface to support M Science products and applications. We are looking for a candidate that is excited to work with state of the art, data intensive, front end applications.
- 5-plus years of software engineering experience as a full-time UI engineer with a desire for playing an integral part of a team
- Thorough understanding of developing scalable frontend applications using AngularJS
- Knowledge and experience working with REST APIs
- Understanding of the separation of front end application responsibilities versus those of the server side API and database(s)
- Ability to create test suites that effectively test a frontend application
- Familiarity with open source libraries that aid in frontend development
- Object-oriented development techniques
- Experience with GIT or another source code repository
- Any knowledge of server side dynamic languages, REST development or relational database design a huge plus
- Participate and contribute to the various project development stages from inception to release
- Support existing applications
- Produce code that is easy to read, with comments, and tests that can easily be understood by new team members
- Contribute and participate in project planning and roadmap
- Work with engineers and data scientists to create and support data intensive web applications
- Proactive and willing to learn and adapt new patterns and practices and technologies
- Team player who is willing to work with internal and cross functional teams
- Be willing to learn new technologies and help keep up to date with tools and libraries that can be of use
- Participate in design sessions as well as code reviews
About Ticker Tags
TickerTags, an M Science company, maps the digital ecosystem and recognizes insights in everyday conversation.
With over 1 million tags mapped to 3,000 public and private companies, TickerTags maps and monitors the multitude of tangible and intangible business drivers that move and influence companies and markets. Structuring alternative data for the investment industry is often a laborious, resource-intensive and time-consuming exercise. As a leading word mention frequency tool, TickerTags converts conversation activity into valuable insight that is useful for investment analysis.
Knowledge of significant changes in mention frequency can be a leading indicator of financial results. When that knowledge is combined with M Science’s unique data driven research, the resulting platform facilitates investment idea formation and measures immense volumes of unstructured data for market relevancy.
M Science is a data-driven research and analytics firm, uncovering new insights for leading financial institutions and corporations. We come to work every day to create actionable insights from alternative data. M Science is revolutionizing research, discovering new data sets and pioneering methodologies to provide actionable intelligence. Our research teams have decades of experience working with massive amounts of unstructured data in near real-time to discern critical insights that help clients make smarter, more informed decisions. We combine the best of finance, data and technology to create a truly unique value proposition for both financial services firms and major corporations.
M Science was founded as Majestic Research in 2002 and in 2016 was spun out to form M Science, a portfolio company of Leucadia Investments.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position for which you are applying.