Title: Software Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Description: The Software Engineer is responsible for development, and maintenance of software applications to support the TickerTags platform. You will build data pipelines to automate high-volume, real-time data delivery for to our front-end analytics platform, along with data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners.
- Write code to fulfill requirements such as web services to return new data structures, scheduled scripts to maintain and process new data, and report generation tools to aid users.
- Work with dynamic applications that process extremely large data sets on a daily basis
- Make use of AWS scalable architecture to host our application and process new data.
- Develop and support REST APIs, as well as backend processing applications
- Interact with a wide range of people, from other engineers and data scientists to non-technical personnel, to gain understanding and solve problems
- Produce code that is easy to read, commented where needed, and can easily be understood
- Be willing to learn new technologies and help keep up to date with tools and libraries
- Participate in design sessions as well as code reviews
- Team player who is willing to work with internal and cross functional teams.
- You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Python, Elastic Search, AWS
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with acceptable experience
- 3+ years of software engineering in a team environment, primarily with Python
- Experience delivering REST frameworks for third party clients and internal UI engineers
- Extensive knowledge of relational database design, normalization tradeoffs, partitioning strategies and indexing strategies
- Experience or familiarity with AWS, including Amazon S3, SQS, EC2, RDS, ElasticSearch.
- Ability to make design considerations for applications at scale
- Ability to develop test suites along with readable, clearly commented code
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development techniques
- Experience with GIT or another source code repository