LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
The Software Engineer is responsible for design, development, and maintenance of software applications to support M Science products. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with the desire to have hands on experience with large scale, big data, processing platform.
- 5-plus years of software engineering in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience delivering REST frameworks to both third party developers, as well as internal UI engineers
- Extensive knowledge of relational database design, normalization tradeoffs, partitioning strategies and indexing strategies
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch, including index design
- Experience with AWS, including Amazon S3 and SQS
- Ability to make design considerations for applications at scale
- Ability to develop test suites along with readable, clearly commented, application code
- Familiarity with Python and Java
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development techniques
- Experience with GIT or another source code repository
- Work with dynamic applications that process extremely large data sets
- Develop and support REST APIs, as well as backend processing applications
- Interact with a wide range of people, from other engineers and data scientists to non-technical personnel, to gain understanding and help solve problems
- Produce code that is easy to read, with comments, and tests that can easily be understood by new team members
- Be willing to learn new technologies and help keep up to date with tools and libraries that can be of use
- Participate in design sessions as well as code reviews
- Be a part of participating in roadmap discussions, and provide input to those outside of UI engineering where applicable
- Team player who is willing to work with internal and cross functional teams.
About Ticker Tags
TickerTags, an M Science company, maps the digital ecosystem and recognizes insights in everyday conversation.
With over 1 million tags mapped to 3,000 public and private companies, TickerTags maps and monitors the multitude of tangible and intangible business drivers that move and influence companies and markets. Structuring alternative data for the investment industry is often a laborious, resource-intensive and time-consuming exercise. As a leading word mention frequency tool, TickerTags converts conversation activity into valuable insight that is useful for investment analysis.
Knowledge of significant changes in mention frequency can be a leading indicator of financial results. When that knowledge is combined with M Science’s unique data driven research, the resulting platform facilitates investment idea formation and measures immense volumes of unstructured data for market relevancy.
M Science is a data-driven research and analytics firm, uncovering new insights for leading financial institutions and corporations. We come to work every day to create actionable insights from alternative data. M Science is revolutionizing research, discovering new data sets and pioneering methodologies to provide actionable intelligence. Our research teams have decades of experience working with massive amounts of unstructured data in near real-time to discern critical insights that help clients make smarter, more informed decisions. We combine the best of finance, data and technology to create a truly unique value proposition for both financial services firms and major corporations.
M Science was founded as Majestic Research in 2002 and in 2016 was spun out to form M Science, a portfolio company of Leucadia Investments.
Email resume to email@example.com and include position for which you are applying.