Location: Dallas, TX
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Being part of a small team, this person will be a major player in shaping the future of data science ML / AI within the firm, and opportunities to grow and influence the growth of the company are tremendous.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Managing project timelines and executing to timelines
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, Ridge/Lasso, SVM, timeseries techniques etc.
- Excellent programming skills (Python/Scala/Java)
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as NumPy, sparkML, scikitLearn, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience in Natural Language Processing techniques is a plus
- Experience with Spark framework is preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc. is preferred
- Familiarity in using query languages such as SQL, Hive
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Curiosity and a voracious appetite to learn
About Ticker Tags
TickerTags, an M Science company, maps the digital ecosystem and recognizes insights in everyday conversation.
With over 1 million tags mapped to 3,000 public and private companies, TickerTags maps and monitors the multitude of tangible and intangible business drivers that move and influence companies and markets. Structuring alternative data for the investment industry is often a laborious, resource-intensive and time-consuming exercise. As a leading word mention frequency tool, TickerTags converts conversation activity into valuable insight that is useful for investment analysis.
Knowledge of significant changes in mention frequency can be a leading indicator of financial results. When that knowledge is combined with M Science’s unique data driven research, the resulting platform facilitates investment idea formation and measures immense volumes of unstructured data for market relevancy.
M Science is a data-driven research and analytics firm, uncovering new insights for leading financial institutions and corporations. We come to work every day to create actionable insights from alternative data. M Science is revolutionizing research, discovering new data sets and pioneering methodologies to provide actionable intelligence. Our research teams have decades of experience working with massive amounts of unstructured data in near real-time to discern critical insights that help clients make smarter, more informed decisions. We combine the best of finance, data and technology to create a truly unique value proposition for both financial services firms and major corporations.
M Science was founded as Majestic Research in 2002 and in 2016 was spun out to form M Science, a portfolio company of Leucadia Investments.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include position for which you are applying.